CAVERN TOUR INFORMATION
OPEN RAIN OR SHINE! Walk the natural stone steps and pathways through “The Earth Crack” and view Ole Mist’ry River during our one-hour guided tour.
At the lowest level, 110 feet below the surface, visitors view “Ole Mist’ry River.” The crystal clear flowing stream which is part of the vast groundwater system underlying the surrounding region. Seasonal precipitation determines the level of the Ole Mist’ry River (water table) and the depth of the cave tour. Please inquire if you have any questions.
Seneca Caverns is one of Ohio’s largest underground caverns, and one of America’s most fascinating geological wonders.
Planning your visit to Seneca Caverns Ohio
Cavern Tour Schedule:
- May: Open Saturday and Sunday only, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. (the last tour departs at 4:00 pm)
- Summer hours: Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day: Open Seven days a week, 9:00 am – 7:00 pm (the last tour departs at 6:00 pm).
- September through Mid-October: Open Saturday and Sunday only, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. (the last tour departs at 4:00 pm)
- Closed November through April
- We are open rain or shine.
- The tours depart approximately every 30 minutes, with the last tour leaving one hour before closing.
- Our knowledgeable and competent guide/interpreter staff lead the one-hour cave tours.
- Air conditioning provided by mother nature! The caverns’ temperature is a constant refreshing 54 degrees Fahrenheit, you may want to bring a light jacket.
- The cave is an active living environment; you may get dripped on; we call them “cave kisses”.
- The caverns are electrically lit.
- Cameras are welcome. Video is not permitted.
- Some Cavern trails are sloping and moist. Comfortable walking shoes which provide good traction are best.
- The cave is not handicap accessible. The tour is moderately strenuous. Since considerable walking and numerous steps are involved, some older adults and those with medical problems may find the tour too strenuous and are invited to browse through our gift shop, Hollowrock Gifts.
- Strollers and back carriers are NOT PERMITTED.
- Outdoor picnic facilities are available for your use.
- Parking is FREE.
- Group tour reservations are available seven days a week, May through mid-October, except for holidays. Call 419-483-6711 for information on reservation requirements, pricing, and availability.
|Adults (ages 12-61)||$22.00|
|Seniors (ages 62+)||$20.00|
|Child (ages 4-11) Cave Tour Only||$11.00|
|Child Caveman Package (ages 4-11)|
Includes Cave Tour & Paydirt Gemstone Bag
|Under 4||FREE (with adult supervision)|
|* Rates subject to change|